Hey New Yorkers – Free Coffee
Google now gives ability to share your tracks with friends in real-time. Reminds me of Instedd's GeoChat without the open-source security.
Too good to be true DOES turn out to be too good to be true. Great name though. Let's hope that the Mission on Education Program organized by the Union HRD Ministry at Tirupati in India doesn't forebode the whole educational system. The backtracking is hilarious – attributing the $10 number to a typo and putting the price at $100.
An ambitious plan from Another World is Possible for the World Social Forum demonstrations:
– Nationalisation of banks;
– No reduction of salaries at enterprises hit by the crisis;
– Energy and food sovereignty for the poor;
– Withdrawal of foreign troops from Iraq and Afghanistan;
– Sovereignty and autonomy for indigenous peoples;
– Right to land, decent work, education and health for all;
– Democratisation of media and knowledge
Given the current state of political discourse, I'll believe "growing pressure" when I see it.
Believe the hype?
Pretty inspiring. The app is simple, well done and a lot of fun. Adults, learn quick. Idea: this may be an interesting place to take Digital Democracy's "Project Einstein" in the future.
As if passengers needed more reasons to not fly Aeroflot. At least they usually put more effort behind losing my luggage than taking my life.
Interesting to see monks continue to be such a critical component of Burma's economy. I take this as an indication of grassroots potential inside.